As I was getting ready for school the other morning, Rowen sat in my closet drinking his morning cup of milk. I actually have a rather large closet, so it is very easy for Rowen to disappear to the back of the closet where I can't see or hear him. He likes to hide behind the clothes- maybe he is looking for Narnina. Anyway, he was quietly (this should have been my first clue) drinking his milk in the closet, and I was relieved because I could put on my mascara without him tugging at my arm, so I didn't go looking for him. Then, ever so slowly, he came wandering out of the closet, clearly a little dazed. As I looked more closely at him, I noticed that he was all wet. As I looked even more closely at him, I thought that he had spilled his milk, but the cup was lying on the floor completely intact, and empty. It was then that I realized that he was covered in regurgitated milk. He had vomited in my closet, all over the floor, and all over my clothes, not to mention all over himself. Instinctively, I felt bad for him, assuming he was sick or something, until he demonstrated for me what had happened.
You see, Rowen has a funny little habit of gagging himself. He likes to stick his fingers down his throat and feel that gagging reflex. It makes him laugh. This time he stuck the shoulder part of a plastic hanger in his mouth until he gagged, and eventually puked up all of the milk he had just enjoyed. Don't get the wrong idea. This was not a choking episode, but a deliberate act on his part to gag. I think the throw-up surprised him, but it didn't bother him. Lucky for me, Mom appeared just as all of this happened, so she was able to clean it up while I finished getting ready for work. Thanks, Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This story both makes me laugh and makes me a little concerned...
The Jeep photo above is adorable - and I'm sure it warms Jon's heart.
Post a Comment