For those of you that don't know me very well, I am VERY allergic to cats. I have been all of my life. Slumber parties were often interrupted by my mother having to rescue me from a home who had a cat as a pet. I don't even have to see the cat, and you don't have to warn me that you have one, because I can detect the the presence of a cat within 10 minutes of entering a home.
This weekend we had a chance to visit some friends who have a beautiful black cat. I knew about the cat going in, but it dawned on me that Rowen had never seen a cat in person. Of course, Rowen LOVED the cat, and thankfully did not seem to be one bit allergic to him. However, cats have become his new obsession. Someday, I'll have to break the news to him that we can never, ever have a cat, but hopefully he'll be over it by then.
My days have been filled with the word "cat" and "go" and he goes crazy when he sees a cat on TV or in a book. He even found the stray cat at the train museum more interesting than the trains! Maybe we can get a hairless cat?


No comments:
Post a Comment