Saturday, March 22, 2008
Easter Madness!
The Easter Bunny visited Rowen Friday night, so that he had an Easter basket Saturday morning (yes, I know he has no idea what an Easter basket is, or that a large rabbit delivers it to him). After rifling through the basket and trying to eat everything in it, we took off to grandma and grandpa's house.
We went to the lodge that is part of their retirement community where the Easter festivities were in full swing. We started off at the petting zoo (I seem to find myself around goats quite often lately). Then, it was on the egg hunt, where Row found only one egg, but got a kick out of tasting it, opening it, and tasting it again. Then, he found the toy inside, tasted it, and had a great time pulling it in and out of his basket.
Next, it was on to the Easter Bunny. I was a bit worried about this, but Rowen handled it like and old pro. He LOVED the Easter Bunny and was fascinated by the whiskers and the rabbit clothes of that manlike bunny. I could tell that Row wanted a good long time to really explore the strange rabbit creature, but it was time for the bunny to move onto the next kid, and time for all of us to eat lunch.
(sidenote) Our visit to the Easter Bunny got me thinking about the tradition itself. Why does a huge rabbit deliver eggs to the children of the world on Easter? Why isn't it a chicken? Why does an animal deliver baskets to children in the first place on Easter? It's all very strange, isn't it? I guess I could google these questions, but I'd rather ponder the mystery a little longer.
Row finally fell asleep near the end of lunch, so we headed back to grandma's where Row finished his nap and then spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the backyard, picking flowers and eating dirt.
A fabulous day and a fantastic memory :-) Happy Easter!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Happy Easter! What a fun event for all the grandchildren. And Rowen sure got an Easter haul :)
I never thought about why it's not a chicken? Good question! I refuse to embrace the giant bunny thing. I keep driving to South Coast Plaza, because their bunny is a little more believable. I am having trouble though with all of these "characters" we're supposed to love. I'm sick of it. Now, even the dumb leprechauns have to bring stuff! I'm about to protest, but I don't want my kids to be the weird ones in school!
(What, the leprechauns don't come to YOUR house? You must be naughty!)
When I asked Cate how she thought the rabbit was talking to her, she replied: "Probably batteries." Maybe I'm just too real for all this nonsense!
I absolutely love the picture of Row's big teeth! It's great!
I'll do Santa, but the rest of them can go straight to the zoo! What's next, the 4th of July Mosquito that brings a hollowed out watermelon full of fireworks and burn cream? Forget it!
Post a Comment