Sunday, August 26, 2007

Beaches gets me every time.

So, most of you know that I just got a new job and I probably should be writing about that... but I'm not. I'm writing about Beaches. No, not the beaches on the coast, the movie starring Bette Midler. You see, for some reason sometime during those awkward middle school years we used to come home from school everyday and watch that sob fest. You would think that by now I would be immune to Bette's forces and the Wind Beneath My Wings, but sadly as I found out this weekend, I am not. I can just about recite the whole movie, and frankly it's a pretty dumb movie- like we all didn't see the ending coming the first time we watched it; but that movie gets me every time. I hate that it makes me cry because it's such a cliche. Women cry during Steel Magnolia's and Beaches, and it's totally true. Dang you, Bette Midler!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Beaches, Seriously...?

Heidi said...

I know. I can't help it. That song gets me everytime.

Heidi said...

I know. I can't help it. That song gets me everytime.

Jenny said...

Come on Heidi,...New Post already. If I don't get to talk to you now that you are a "working mom" at least update once a week with "We're still alive." I miss you!

Good Times