We arrived at Catalina, and it was truly a beautiful day. I was so glad to be there, but my toe was already killing me, and we hadn't even started walking. ANYWAY, we began searching for our 6 houses, and we discovered that the first couple were pretty much on the top of the island. So we walked, and walked, up hill in at least 1000 degrees. At one time this little trip would not have been trouble for me (see the Mud Run pictures), but after having Rowen, and doubling the size of the backside, hiking up that hill was no easy task. I've never felt so close to a heart-attack. Nevertheless, I made it, and took this picture to prove how high we had to hike. All the way up the hill Jon encouraged me by promising me that the rest of the day would be downhill. However, this was not the case. As we continued to look for the properties, we found that each and every one was at the top of a steep hill. UGH. I got a lot of exercise that day, and I did get to see ALL of Avalon. We had a great dinner on the water, and a great day all together, so I guess I can't complain...... much. (I have to see a podiatrist for my toe this Wed.)
Monday, August 13, 2007
"The rest of the day is all down hill."
We arrived at Catalina, and it was truly a beautiful day. I was so glad to be there, but my toe was already killing me, and we hadn't even started walking. ANYWAY, we began searching for our 6 houses, and we discovered that the first couple were pretty much on the top of the island. So we walked, and walked, up hill in at least 1000 degrees. At one time this little trip would not have been trouble for me (see the Mud Run pictures), but after having Rowen, and doubling the size of the backside, hiking up that hill was no easy task. I've never felt so close to a heart-attack. Nevertheless, I made it, and took this picture to prove how high we had to hike. All the way up the hill Jon encouraged me by promising me that the rest of the day would be downhill. However, this was not the case. As we continued to look for the properties, we found that each and every one was at the top of a steep hill. UGH. I got a lot of exercise that day, and I did get to see ALL of Avalon. We had a great dinner on the water, and a great day all together, so I guess I can't complain...... much. (I have to see a podiatrist for my toe this Wed.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The picture is beautiful - it looks like the effort was worth it (and you got a day with just Jon).
Yea, and we had a lot of fun. We missed Row though. We're so pathetic, we spent our whole day talking about him.
You should have rented a scooter! Sorry about the hike. Regular pedicures have cured me of ingrown toenails.
Post a Comment