This is Rowen in his favorite place... his swing. Rowen actually has three swings, but his "fishy" swing is his favorite. Shortly after he was born he decided that he no longer would sleep in his bassinet, and would from that point on sleep only in his swing. I've read the books, and I know that this was probably not the best idea, but he was sleeping so long in his swing at night, and all I really wanted in the world was to get some sleep, so I gave in... and now my kid is a swinger. I keep telling myself that he will grow out of his "swinging," literally and figuratively, but I just don't think it is going to happen naturally. Now, I am a bit of a milk-toast. I have made some feeble attempts at letting him cry it out in his crib, but I feel like my insides are ripping apart when he cries like that, so I give in, and become part of his master plan to take over the household. He'll cry and cry in his crib, and then I'll go to him, and he will actually laugh at me. I swear.. he looks at me and laughs. He know he has my number. He continues to win our battles, and I fear that he might win the war.
However, there is new hope restored in the Baynes house. Jon's mom is here from Missouri to save the day. She is crib training Row.. and slowly he starting to sleep in his crib for about 30 minutes at a time. We'll continue to battle; and I'll keep you posted.


3 comments:
What's a milk-toast? That kid is so dang cute in that swing! But trust me -let him cry it out! Cate is proof positive that if you don't now, the war will be over, and your troops are slave to the winner.
He is so cute with his little arm up. We let Lorin sleep in her bouncy chair and our bed until she was 3 1/2 months old - but I think we just got lucky that she decided she liked her crib then. Now, of course, she won't sleep anywhere but her crib...I'm so jealous when I see people walking around with their kids sleeping in strollers.
By the way, I thought it was so funny that you called me to tell me that you had a new post. I check at least twice a day!
Post a Comment