Monday, October 22, 2007

The Ring of Fire

California is on fire. Seriously, all of Southern California is burning. Luckily, we are in the middle, or rather the eye of the firestorm. Fires burn all around us, but far enough away that we are not directly threatened. School was canceled today, so I am home (like a snow day!) updating my blog, paying bills, correcting papers, doing laudry, watching Row learning to crawl, and watching the road closures for Jon, as he can't really get our and do his appraisals in all of these areas that are burning. The skies are black, and ashy, even though the fires aren't very near to us. Hope everyone is doing okay; I know there are fires in Orange, San Bernardino, LA, San Diego, and Riverside Counties, (not to mention Ventura, and Santa Barbara) so really we're all affected out here. I don't have any pictures, but if you turn on the news, I'm sure you'll get a taste of what is going on down here.

No comments:

Good Times